Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I've Plateaued with my guitar. Whats the next step?

I've become really really comfortable with finger picking using hamer-ons, pull offs and an alternating thumb for a b beat. I know the circle of fifths and which chords belong in each key. I know the pentitonic scale up and down the neck and have collected a nice collection of riffs. But I've hit an all too familiar plateau and don't know where to go next. I was thinking about getting to know every note on every string up to the 12th fret and learning how to start the pentitonic anywhere in every key. But i am much more into finger picking a nice rhthym. Should i learn more abstract chords? or more abstract chord progressions? I'm just kind of stuck and if anyone knows about the paths i can take that would be great. I really enjoy the artists like van morrison, bob dylan, grateful dead- cosmic cowboy stage (ripple is one of my all time favorites), warren zevon, and such. But i also like Jimi, Frampton, Gilmore, Allman brothers and clapton. So idk i would like to learn how to rip apart solos as well. I'm just really confused on what to do and how to do it, any advice would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment